Architects In Action 2018 Celebration
AIA Northeast Illinois is pleased to announce the 2018 Architects In Action Recognition Reception where we will celebrate your contribution to the architectural profession. The following are the seven award categories:
1. Non-Member Supporting the Profession. (Examples: Community Activist, Related Trade Professional, Lobbyist, Contractor, etc..
2. Affiliate Member Supporting the Profession. (Note: Limited to current and former Affiliate Members of NEI AIA from 2015 to present.)
3. Student/Associate Member. (Note: Students must be active in their local AIAS chapter and reside or attend school within AIA NEI chapter boundaries. Associate Members are architectural professionals in good standing with AIA NEI.)
4. Educator. (Note: Educators must reside or teach within AIA NEI chapter boundaries. Educators do NOT need to be a licensed architect or a member of the chapter for consideration.)
5. Outstanding Young Architect Member. (received their initial license on or after January 1st, 2007.)
Winner receives 1 year free AIA membership (local, state and national), an approximate $700.00 value.
6. Outstanding Professional Member.
(Les Larsen “Lifetime Achievement Award”)
Winner will have a donation made in their name to the Architects Foundation, a philanthropic partner of the American Institute of Architects.
7. Outstanding Firm. (Firms must have a staffed office within AIA NEI chapter boundaries, but this does not need to be the firm’s principal office.)
Nominees are to be evaluated by an impartial jury on the following seven areas:
I. Service to the Profession
Please provide organizations, activities, awards, offices held, and relevant dates. Examples and / or other support materials may also be submitted. Submittal should reflect nominee’s written philosophy about service to the profession and manner in which the profession has benefited.
II. Public Service
Please provide community service organizations, activities, awards, offices held and relevant dates. Examples and / or other support materials may also be submitted.
Please provide educational and continuing education activities, including institutions, organizations, courses, positions, lectures, presentations, publications and awards with relevant dates. Examples and / or other support materials may also be submitted.
IV. Architectural Practice
Please describe nominee’s positions, responsibilities, representative clients or projects and special skills of nominee. Also describe your achievements in the practice of architecture.
V. List of References
Provide an unlimited number of references but no less than three (3).
VI. Miscellaneous Criteria
For Outstanding Affiliated Member, Outstanding Non-Member Supporting the Profession, Outstanding Educator, and Outstanding Student Member, please provide information or examples of contributions to the profession which promote the understanding, appreciation, or advancement of the profession of architecture. Include various applicable information as it applies to the category not found in Sections I-V. (i.e. Technology, Allied Arts, Communications, Public Awareness, or any other aspect of the category).
VII. Express Yourself
Please provide written material, essays, photographs, or any other material which you would like to have considered by the jury that you feel is applicable to your nomination. This category may be a narrative or any other material. While not a design awards submittal, photographs or visual representations (sketches, renderings, etc.) of architectural work are certainly welcome.
Thank you in advance for nominating someone or feel free to nominate yourself if desired. The Architects In Action 2018 Awards Celebration will be held on Monday, November 5th, 2018 at Emmett’s Brewing Company in Downers Grove, Illinois. The completed application form and all required materials are due Monday, September 17, 2018. Click here to download the nomination form.
Questions? Please contact the chapter office as follows:
AIA Northeast Illinois Chapter
1717 North Naper Boulevard, Suite 102
Naperville, Illinois 60563
Phone: (630) 599-7121