We have all heard about the sweeping changes to the tax law that were passed and signed into law at the end of last year. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, as the new law is known, represents one of the most extensive changes to tax law in decades. Through the AIA Advocacy, many of us contacted our legislators about the historic tax credits, pass-through taxation for architecture firms and other provisions of the new law. Some of provisions where included or changed because of your involvement. In addition to these federal tax changes, we have changes to the Illinois taxes as well.
The sweeping changes will affect us all as individuals, the architecture firms that we work for and our clients. In addition, individual tax rates, standard and itemized deductions will all see change, too.
During this program you will:
1) Review the changes to tax rates for individuals and companies.
2) Review the changes to standard and itemized deductions.
3) Identify key changes to business expense deductions for individuals and companies.
4) Review changes to Historic Tax Credits and 179 deductions.
5) Discuss changes to the Illinois tax laws.
Participants will earn 1.5 LU for participation in this program.
Wednesday, April 25, 2018
5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
1211 W. 22nd St.
First Floor, Training Room
Oak Brook, Illinois 60523