The department of Architecture at Judson University seeks candidates for a full-time, tenure-track position at the Assistant or Associate level to teach building science courses starting in August, 2019.
Teaching required coursework in building science with expertise in one or more of the following: building envelope, MEP engineering, acoustics, lighting, renewable systems, or structures; conduct a research agenda that is integrated with, or complementary to, teaching assignments; participate in student advising and department and university governance.
- An accredited terminal degree (e.g., M. Arch. of equivalent); Ph.D. desirable
- A commitment to the mission, vision, educational goals and community standards of the university
- The ability to integrate faith and the discipline of architecture in an engaging and compelling way
- Collaborative skills to work with colleagues in the department and throughout the university
- Teaching experience at the college level
- Ability to integrate teaching with the department’s emphasis in traditional design, sustainable technologies or ministry, as well as with selected interior design coursework
- Demonstrated ability for research.
Additional Preferred Qualifications include:
- Licensure or eligibility for licensure as architect in the US
- Ability to teach and/or consult in design studios
- Administrative experience
- LEED credential
- Membership in appropriate professional associations
- For consideration, please submit all required materials by January 4 2019. Appointment will begin August, 2019.
- For more details, please see: http://www.judsonu.edu/About/Employment/Faculty_Positions/Assistant_or_Associate_Professor_of_Architecture_Building_Science_(Tenure-Track)/
Rank and salary based on qualifications, education, and work experience.
Applicants must provide a complete application packet including letter of application, the full-time faculty application (see “Employment Forms” in the left-and column at http://www.judsonu.edu/jobs/), curriculum vitae, and unofficial transcripts of both undergraduate and graduate work (official transcripts will be required upon hiring). Letters of interest shall explain teaching approach and scholarship agenda. Please submit all application materials to: Dr. Jhennifer Amundson, Associate Provost for Faculty, at JAmundson@Judson@U.edu.