VES has an exciting opportunity for a Project Architect (5-8 years’ experience) who is looking to expand their horizons and work in a dynamic environment that allows maximum freedom to do your work. Our project portfolio is diverse and ever expanding. Although our immediate focus is healthcare, we also actively service clients in the residential and commercial-retail markets. The geographic area we service is primarily the Chicago metro region, but we are also active nationally including project locations in Texas, Florida, Arizona, and Georgia.
- Experienced project architect that has been working in the AEC industry for 5 to 8 years. (Please only respond to this ad if you have documented experience with an architectural or MEP firm. We are not looking for new grads or interns at this time.)
- Documented experience with all aspects of the architectural project process including schematic design, drawing production, client interface, code research and analysis, permitting, multidiscipline coordination (Structural, Civil, and MEP&FP), and construction administration.
- Should be familiar with development and entitlements process including zoning
- Licensed individuals preferred, but will consider those on licensure track
- Working knowledge of current model building codes used in the Chicago metro areas: International, and Chicago Building Code.
- Working knowledge of Accessibility guidelines and codes
- Effective written and verbal communication skills a must
- Knowledge of NFPA requirements (NFPA 101).
- Knowledge of the FGI Facilities Guidelines for Healthcare
- Strong technical abilities and working knowledge of building construction techniques and materials
- Able to collaborate efficiently with other disciplines. We are looking for effective communicators via voice and email, as we use Skype, Outlook, and other project management tools over the course of a typical work day.
- Candidates need to be highly self-directed and capable of running multiple concurrent projects with minimal direction. We are looking for talented individuals who can effectively manage their time and workload to complete work on time and within the project budget.
- Ability to travel as required to project sites within Chicago area and beyond for site meetings, construction administration, etc.
- Ability to meet regularly for group coordination meetings with fellow employees and managers.
- VES’s primary design software is Revit (16,17,18,19). We also use AutoCAD (2019) for legacy projects. Revit experience is highly valued in potential teammates!
- Knowledge of SketchUp, Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design a plus
- Ability to create renderings using 3D Studio Max and similar software a plus
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite
VES is a dynamic, forward-thinking company with a strong focus on efficiency, self-direction, and leveraging technology for design, consistency and quality control. We are looking for the best people in the industry who value hard work, personal freedom, and challenging projects. Our organization is multi discipline and includes an experienced staff of architects, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineers.
We offer a competitive compensation package for our industry, and an attractive lifestyle of flexible work schedule, as all employees work remotely for a majority of the week.
Benefits: Retirement Plans, Healthcare, profit sharing/bonus structure, company provided laptop, cell phone, internet service, and home office setup.
Please see our website: www.virtualenergysolutions.com/careers
Please submit resume and cover letter in PDF format